Want to book a free session for your school? Please read the following information and watch the video.
Sessions can only be booked by schools.
To deliver your session we require:
- Exclusive use of the school hall for just over 1 hour
- AV facilities
- Direct teacher supervision for the entire session
Classrooms and outside areas are not suitable.
A maximum of 60 children can participate in a single session.
Session start times are standardised to facilitate booking and volunteer travel times. Alternative start times can be arranged by emailing email@example.com and back-to-back morning sessions can also be arranged.
- Please contact us to discuss sessions for groups of students with additional needs.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions (please link them here Mike) as these must be agreed to before booking can proceed and see the “More Information” section at the bottom of the page.
- All our volunteers have an enhanced DBS check and photographic charity ID.
Please Note: All the material will be covered in the session. Participation of individual students such as those who have suffered a recent bereavement for example, is at the discretion of the school.
- A certificate and feedback form will be sent after the session is complete.
- We appreciate photographs of our session showing the children performing the skills that have parental consent.
For all queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The session is taught by 3 instructors.
- At the start of the session, the lead instructor will either give a live skillset demonstration to the entire group or will ask for the skillset video to be shown.
- After either the live demonstration or the video, the lead instructor will ask the supervising teacher to divide the attending children.
- The three instructors will space themselves around the hall with one of the 3 small groups of children.
- Each instructor will teach a single skill (either choking, child CPR or adult CPR) for 10 minutes to their group – so the three different skills that require the manikins will be taught simultaneously.
- After 10 minutes the children rotate to the next instructor to learn a different skill. Then they rotate a third time to learn the third skill.
- After the third rotation, the children stay with their final instructor to practice the recovery position.
- There is an all group recap and close at the end which may be given as a video.
- An e-certificate with all the skills will be made available for the children.