Session Terms and Conditions
Little LifeSavers makes every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information contained within their training videos and the sessions delivered.
Users / viewers should be aware of the following:
- Although provision of CPR has been shown to improve outcomes, there is no guarantee of success from an attempted resuscitation.
- Little LifeSavers makes no guarantee or warranty as to the accuracy or authenticity of the information within the face-to-face sessions.
- Our volunteer instructors do not automatically have first aid or formal CPR training or provider qualifications. As such, our volunteers provide only the four skills as shown in our training video and no more.
- Little LifeSavers training information is subject to change; information is updated and published from time to time.
- Little LifeSavers does not accept any liability to any person for any loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of the information or arising out of the provision of the information within any course.
Note: In this disclaimer the term ‘Information’ includes any information (in whatever format) contained or incorporated into courses by references.
Terms and Conditions
Little LifeSavers is founded upon the desire to share a set of very basic bystander knowledge and skills that could save a life, should a person find themselves faced with a choking or collapsed casualty. Our sessions do not qualify the recipient or volunteer instructor to provide assistance in any type of formal capacity. The Instructors who deliver our sessions are volunteers who are trained by the charity to deliver our session only. No other first aid or more advanced CPR training is offered by our organisation- either to volunteers or session recipients or delivered by our volunteers.
By booking a Little LifeSavers session you as the recipient organisation agree to:
- Make adequate space available for the session on the date and time that is booked. (A school hall or large dance studio for example)
- Provide Video Viewing Capabilities so the children can watch the skill demonstration video at the start
- Provide at least one DBS checked member of staff to directly supervise the session throughout the entire duration
- Give as much notice to volunteers as possible for cancellation of your session.
- Instruct volunteers who attend to deliver the session as to any relevant Health and Safety provisions (eg. nearest fire exits, specific location hazards etc)
Please note: All of the content of the session will be delivered. We rely on requesting schools to assess the suitability of participation of children for whom the material may be sensitive (e.g. children who have suffered a recent bereavement)
We want all the children booked onto our sessions to have the opportunity to practice each of the four skills. This does mean that the sessions are busy, so if there are individual children who need extra time or support, we rely on the school to provide another member of staff to help them on an individual basis. For schools who support children with special learning needs, please do consider booking an extra session so the content can be delivered at a more suitable pace or to a smaller group of participants. If you have any questions regarding this, please email us at email@example.com
We will ask for photographs of the sessions for promotional purposes. We will assume those provided have parental consent for sharing on social media, website and newsletter.
As the providing organisation Little LifeSavers Agrees to:
- Allow only DBS checked volunteers to provide the sessions
- Ensure all our volunteer instructors have received our training for the teaching session
- Provide the equipment (CPR Manikins) for the session
- Ensure that all our volunteer instructors can access and have agreed to our code of conduct, risk assessment and safeguarding policies
- Notify you of cancellations as soon as possible, should instructors be unable to attend for any reason